The CBRE Asia Pacific Investor Intentions Survey 2017 is based on 504 responses from across the region and provides an insight into investors’ concerns, priorities and strategies for the coming year. Key findings include:
- Investment motivations are increasingly being driven by the yield spread. The emphasis on capital appreciation has weakened due to the current market cycle.
- An increasing number of investors view potential interest rate hikes as a major concern.
- Australia retained its status as the preferred cross-border investment destination, increasing its lead over Japan in second place.
- Outbound investment is set to remain robust but Asia has overtaken EMEA as investors’ preferred destination.
- Investors are moving up the risk curve in order to achieve their target returns.